iPhone x Hard Reset Simplest Guide
Do you want to reset your iPhone x? Is your iPhone x acting up and you wish to do a factory reset? Continue to see how to restart your iPhone x.
In the first place, restart or reset is usually the easiest way to solve minor bugs with software in mobile devices. However, if the soft reset can’t fix the issue, so then you have to go for a force reset, Master reset or factory reset to resolve the problem.
However, you will Learn how to perform each of these reset methods on the latest Apple iPhone X device with a step-by-step guideline explained in this article.
How to restart or soft reset your iPhone X?
Soft reset or restart will do more good to your iPhone smartphone especially giving your device a fresh start and also help in fixing all minor glitches attacking your app or IOS functionality. Here is the guide you should follow to achieve a restart or soft reset on your iPhone X.
- Kindly press and hold the Side button and either the Volume buttons until the slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your iPhone X entirely off.
- Once your iPhone turns off, press and hold the Side button again continuously until the Apple logo appears.
- Finally! Your iPhone will reboot.
iOS 11 and the later versions, can also help you to turn off your iOS device through the settings menu. Here’s the real deal:
- Firstly, Tap on the Settings from the Home screen.
- Next, Tap the General.
- Navigate to and tap the option to Shut Down. You are doing so to powers off your iPhone X.
- After some seconds, kindly press the Side button anew to turn it back on.
Please Note: soft reset will not harm any data stored on your device, so you don’t have to be afraid of losing your essential data after the process.
iPhone X hard reset See How to force restart iPhone X?
Do your iPhone x usually frozen, get stuck or unresponsive? If you just answered yes then know that hard reset or forced restart is what you need to deal with all the software malfunctions. In this guide, you will see how to force restart your iPhone x when it’s affected by any of the problems listed above.
Apart from the new name attached to some controls, Apple also adjusted the process in performing some force restart on the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. Repeated pressing and holding of button keys will now activate Emergency SOS on the device. Therefore, this signifies that the reboot had to move to a more complex button combination.
Furthermore, Below is how force restart is done on your iPhone x.
- Instantly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Next, Instantly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side button.
In summary, it’s just a three-step method but for first-timers, getting it done somehow requires a little fight. Just like we said earlier, a soft reset won’t affect any data stored on your iPhone, likewise force restart unlike iPhone x Hard Reset.
iPhone X factory reset Simplest Method
A factory reset erase all data stored on your iPhone and reverts your device to the way it was when it first came out of the box. All your apps and games, customised settings and personal information you saved on your iPhone will be erased.
However, creating a backup is vital before performing a factory reset on your iPhone X. You can backup and reset your iPhone X to iCloud (via iPhone X settings menu) or iTunes on a Windows PC or Mac computers. when you’re done with the backup, you’re now ready to begin the wiping process.
Follow here the guidelines below to factory reset or master reset your iPhone X via the Settings menu:
- Kindly Tap on Settings from Home.
- Next, Tap on General.
- Now Tap on the Reset.
- Choose the option to Erase All data and Settings.
If prompted, enter your passcode to continue.
- Finally, Tap Erase iPhone to confirm an action
Please Note that it demands a couple of minutes for your iPhone X to complete the factory reset base on the number of contents to wipe. So then, after the reset, you may set up your iPhone X again with the help of iOS Setup Assistant/Wizard during startup from which you may opt to restore from a recent iOS or set up your device as new.
iPhone x Hard Reset to Factory Default Through iTunes?
Another guide to reset your iPhone to factory defaults if the previous guide (via Settings menu) is not obtainable then using iTunes is okay. Also, you will require to use a computer (Windows or Mac) with the latest version of the operating system and iTunes software installed. Once you have everything sets, follow the steps here:
- Firstly Connect your iPhone X to the Pc using a working USB or Lightning cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer and relax for so moment till it identifies your iPhone X.
- Next, Choose your iPhone X from the listing of devices in iTunes.
- Choose the option to backup your iPhone X to iCloud or iTunes on this computer, if needed.
- Now, click or tap on the Restore button to reset your iPhone x.
- If prompted, click Restore again to confirm the action.
- Relax till iTunes is completed downloading and installing the new software for your iPhone X then set up your device as new.
A factory reset or master reset is a possible solution to most of the software problems that could not be corrected by a usual restart or force restart on the device.
Furthermore not minding losing your iPhone contents, the possibility of getting the problem fixed is always higher as far as all the issues including bugs and software glitches will be solved in the process.
I hope his guide on iPhone x Hard Reset solves all your problems on How to perform a soft reset, hard reset or force restart, factory reset or master reset on your iPhone x.