Here in this article, we will provide a simple method on how to clear Instagram search history or Delete Search History On Instagram. To begin with, for some reasons you might want to get clear your Instagram search history you will see how to achieve it here right now.
Just like the famous saying internet never forget it also apply to Instagram. They always have a way to remind you whatever you have browse on the social media site.
Furthermore, if you have been monitoring someone by always searching their name on Instagram search, i guess you’re right to ask the question below.
How do I clear my Instagram search history?
However, in other to save your self from seeing unwanted users or to maintain your low profile about monitoring someone this guide is recommended for you.
I hope you will agree with me that Instagram will somehow remind you about your searches by just showing you these profiles as suggestions under the Instagram search.
In this guide, you’ll see how to clear your Instagram searches. Also, you will learn to prevent specific Instagram accounts from showing themselves to you. Now that you know and understand what this article is talking about let’s proceed to the next stage.
How To Delete Search History On Instagram
In this case, you will not spend more than five minutes to delete your search history on Instagram. However, you can only achieve with your Instagram app available on Android, Windows, and IOS.
Here is how to get started:
- Firstly launch your Instagram app.
- Log in to your Instagram account by inserting your password and email address. However, you can also make use of Facebook or continue if you’re already logged in.
- Now you have to go to your Instagram profile page. By tapping on the humanoid icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the three-horizontal-line icon located at the top right corner of on your screen. Next go ‘Settings,’ by clicking the gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Now kindly scroll down till you see ‘Search History.’ Click on it, and you will also spot the ‘Clear search history’ option right there.
- Click on the ‘Search History.’. Instagram will ask you with a prompt message to confirm your choice. Choose ‘Yes, I’m sure.’
Furthermore, for iPhone users, you can also quickly clear your search history immediately from the Instagram search bar.
On your search bar, you can be able to see all your search history (a list containing names of users or hashtag you have recently search), and you will also see ‘Clear’ option located at the right corner. Tap on the option and your search history will be instantly wiped out.
Hope this guide is easy and simple to understand? If yes comment below and share it with your friends!
In conclusion, we believe that you have learned how to delete search history on Instagram. Let’s proceed with the bonus tips.
I Can’t Clear Instagram Search History After Following the Method Above Here’s What To Do
However, If after following the method above you still see your search history, Don’t be afraid! Continue reading to see the solution below. Here are how to fix the problem.
Kindly Restart Your Device
Since you’ve cleared your search history, you should try the option of restarting your device. Most of the time, fixing a software glitch on your phone can be done by just restarting the device. However, if the issue persists follow the next guide below. iPhone user ( here is a guide to restart your iPhone)
Log Out From Your Instagram Account
Also, You can equally fix the problem by logging out from the app. All you have to do is to log out, go to your profile page and Click on the three-horizontal-line icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
Next, Click on ‘Settings’ and scroll down to the bottom of the screen where you’ll see the ‘Log out’ option. Tap on it.
Lastly, restart your device after logging out. And log in to your Instagram account again.
Make sure you know your Instagram login details before logging out to avoid stories.
Clear App Cache And Data
If you’re Android user, you can also try another solution by trying to clearing your app cache and data.
- All you have to do is go to your Android device’s ‘Settings’ and scroll to app management. Not minding the Android device you’re using, the name may differ.
- Click on the Instagram app and find the app storage.
- Below the app storage menu, you will see different options like, ‘Clear Data’ or ‘Clear Storage,’ and ‘Clear Cache’. Tap on ‘Clear Cache.’ You can also clear data, but it will wipe your log in details.
- Now restart your Android device again. If the issue continues, follow the next step below.
- Now all you have to do is to Repeat Method one, two and three above. Kindly tap on ‘Clear Data’ or ‘Clear Storage’. This time around.
However, once you clear the cache, you only clear the app’s interim storage, where it stores temporary images or data from the Internet.
Besides if you clear the app data, all your the app data will be deleted, including username, password, etc. Everything on the app will be wiped out. Therefore the app will be like a freshly installed app on your Android device.
Try Uninstalling Your Instagram
Above all, if all of the solutions provide here wasn’t able to fix the problem. The last best shot you have to try is worth it, and that’s trying to uninstall the Instagram app from your device.
However, follow the steps below to uninstall the app from your Android device.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your device and locate the App Management. Next, click on Instagram.
- Click the ‘Uninstall,’ or ‘Delete’ option as seen in your Android device to completely remove the Instagram app on your phone.
- Alternatively, you can:
- Open your Google Play store and Uninstall the app from there.
iPhone Users click and hold the Instagram app until it wiggles. Then, tap on the ‘X’ button at the top to uninstall it.
In short, follow the most straightforward ways for you to uninstall the app. Once you finally uninstalled the app, restart your device. Afterward, reinstall the Instagram app afresh.
In conclusion, if you’re here to learn How To Delete Search History On Instagram, you must have grab something.
That’s all on How To Clear Instagram Search History, make use of our share button to share this post with your friends and don’t forget to drop your comment below.